It’s Our 10th Anniversary!
That’s right, the Belmont Gallery of Art opened its doors to the public for the very first time in July 2005. In the years that followed, we mounted over 60 unique, compelling, inspirational exhibits showcasing the talents of several hundred local and regional artists from New England and beyond. The BGA has also enlightened and entertained thousands of visitors, and served as an anchor and outlet for Belmont’s own prodigious community of artists. Now, that’s something to celebrate!
To mark this extraordinary milestone, the BGA has its 10th Anniversary Show — fittingly entitled “Celebrate!” — to honor the work of the many artists who made our first ten years a rousing success. The show features one work from each participating artist.
What a Fantastic Evening at Our Gala Reception!
Thank you for coming!
October 16, 2015 – 6 to 9pm
It was a special evening celebrating our milestone anniversary with good wine, delicious food, live music, interesting people, raffle, and lots of art.
Catered by Bon Appetit * Wine from Cambridge Wine and Spirits * People’s Choice Awards * Raffle/Silent Auction * Festive Dress
Free Admission, $10 voluntary donation encouraged
Thank you to all of the fine folks and organizations who donated items to our raffle/silent auction:
- $100 Gift Certificate – Dick Blick: included in art supply package!
- Five $50 Gift Certificates – Big Picture Framing
- Artisanal wine & honey – Ottavio Forte
- Painting – Jane Hanenberg
- Painting – Richard Hill
- 2-hour Photoshop Class – Anne Katzeff / ASK Design
- Artwork – Kathy Lobo
- Custom Print – Kevin Magliozzi of Photoquick/Waltham
- Photography Print – Helen Morse
- $20 Gift Cerificate – Ohlin’s Bakery
- $25 Gift Certificate – Quebrada Bakery
- Mixed Media artwork – Carol Wintle
- Tickets for Next Show – Belmont Dramatic Club
Pictures From Our Reception!
“What’s Going On” Appearance
September 18, 2015: Rebecca and Anne were guests on the Belmont Media Center’s show “What’s Going On?”. Huge shout out to all of the BMC folks: Jan Knight (our hostess), Janet Amdur (producer), Jeff Hansell (director), Jane (sound), and Dave (camera and yummy brownies)!